All my Facebook pals keep tagging me in this little exercise-so I thought it would be fun to share the results here. 25 Random bits about your humble blogger.
1. Had my first real female contact during the Luigi Cozzi film Hercules (yeesh!)…but that isn’t the fun part. TELLING Luigi Cozzi the story of my first boob in the movie theater-at his movie-more than 20 years later was great fun.
2. I have not seen the ground at our new home yet thanks to all the snow. It is ugly I’m sure.
3. I lose my car at malls and school because it is smaller than the sea of SUVs and Mini-Vans.
4. I have two kids, both of which can outfox me simply by applying a smile to their faces.
5. I managed or worked in video stores my entire working career. As a break I managed a record store.
6. I ate Salmon and watched Thriller:A Cruel Picture and Breaking Point with the director of those films.
7. I paid the above director for the rights to Thriller / They Call Her One Eye with Swedish Kronor that was hidden in my socks during a first class international flight. The money was dragged together in under 3 days and nearly every bank in NYC was needed to dredge up that many physical notes. It was a BIG bunch of cash.
8. I’m very lucky to have great friends and I try to work hard to keep them every day. I’m a trying guy to talk with sometimes.
9. I caught my son when he was born with no doctors present while wearing a shirt featuring Kung Fu movie star Hwang Jang Lee.
10. I can not kick like Hwang Jang Lee, but my hands are fast enough to catch a suprise baby. I know panic fu.
11. Last year I listened to the complete Front Line Assembly discography. That is a MASSIVE batch of music.
12. I’m working on a book about Guy N. Smith. Any man that can make giant crabs compelling enough for 6 novels, several short stories and a comic book is a genius…
13. I’m obsessed with finding the uncensored version of Being Captured by “Baron Corvo” aka Alberto Cavallone. No luck yet…the search continues. A Midget in a Sailor Suit with a Blowgun Vs. his Babysitter is always good.
14. I’ve seen over 100 films directed by Jess Franco-many in languages I don’t understand. Most twice. At least.
15. My daughter is beautiful. My son is handsome. Both look like their mother. PHEW!
16. I played hockey in Europe in 8th grade. My parents saw photos of young me leaving a sex shop and holding a beer stein larger than my head upon my return. I know what the best parts of that trip were…and I don’t play hockey anymore.
17. I abuse the ellipsis in my writing. Seriously…
18. I co-authored a book on Italian Action Films of the 1980’s called TOUGH TO KILL. The film that I took the name from is not reviewed in the book, but the book has never received a negative review that I’ve read. So it all evens out.
19. I’ve played video games nearly every day of my life since I got my first Atari 2600. 12 year olds still destroy me on Call Of Duty 4.
20. I have a goddaughter that is going to be in College soon.
21. I stored my complete run of Master Of Kung Fu in a closet directly next to the front door in case of fire.
22. I’ve taught my son to sing songs such as POWER OF THE DAMAGER by Prong, JOCKO HOMO by Devo and STRUTTER by Kiss. We also enjoy Blues Clues.
23. I own more than 3000 films in many different (and some obsolete) formats.
24. I’ve only called two people Sifu, but both are worthy of the name.
25. I write every day, but I read more.